Leyton Orient announce retained list and make Jake Caprice, Christian Scales and Rommy Boco available for transfer
- Credit: Archant
Josh Koroma and Myles Judd will be part of the squad at Brisbane Road next season while Sam Sargeant has been offered a new deal
Leyton Orient have announced their retained list following the conclusion of the 2017/18 National League season and there are very few surprises.
The main news to come from the announcement is the fact Jake Caprice, Christian Scales and Rommy Boco have been transfer listed despite all three having another year to run on their contract.
Boco and left-back Scales failed to feature under O’s head coach Justin Edinburgh, while right-back Caprice’s last appearance for Orient was the 1-0 defeat at home to Torquay United on March 13.
The positive news from the retained list is the fact young goalkeeper Sam Sargeant has been offered a new contract while academy forward Ruel Sotiriou has also been offered his first professional deal.
You may also want to watch:
Another member of the under-18s, Arthur Janata, has been offered a third-year scholar contract as well.
The released list doesn’t carry many surprises with first-teamers Nathan Mavila, Rian McLean and Charley Barker departing while academy players Toby Stevenson and Andrew Camilo-Tayaca, both second-year scholars, haven’t been offered pro contracts.
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
As expected, Orient have exercised the option in Josh Koroma and Myles Judd’s deals to keep them at Brisbane Road for another season.
Meanwhile mid-season loan signings Dan Holman, Lamar Reynolds and Ebou Adams have returned to their parents club now, but Holman has already confirmed he will be leaving Cheltenham Town and Adams is departing Norwich City.
Adams remains in talks with Orient over a permanent deal with Edinburgh revealing he is keen to sign the midfielder before the end of the season.
The players under contract for the 2018/19 campaign are Dean Brill, Charlie Grainger, Joe Widdowson, George Elokobi, Josh Coulson, Marvin Ekpiteta, Dan Happe, Sam Ling, Alex Lawless, Charlie Lee, Craig Clay, Jobi McAnuff, James Brophy, James Dayton, Macauley Bonne, David Mooney and Matt Harrold.