Leyton Orient bring in ex-Cheltenham Town winger James Dayton
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Former Crystal Palace academy graduate agrees a return to London with National League club
Leyton Orient have announced the signing of former Cheltenham Town winger James Dayton.
The 28-year-old has agreed a two-year deal with the National League club after impressing during a trial period at Brisbane Road.
Dayton has caught the eye during displays against Greenwich Borough, Hornchurch and Billericay Town and has now earned a contract at Orient.
The Londoner, who grew up in Enfield, was most recently with Cheltenham and helped them gain promotion from the National League in 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Dayton scored twice in 22 appearances in the top flight of non-league football and found the net three more times last season.
But the winger was released at the end of the 2016/17 campaign and after a trial with St Johnstone’s, has now linked up with Orient.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse