Leyton Orient confirm starting XI for Martin Ling’s London Legends ahead of ‘Big Match, Big Cause’ event
- Credit: Archant
A charity match in aid of Prostate Cancer UK and East Hertfordshire Mind Network is taking place at Brisbane Road on Sunday
Leyton Orient confirmed the starting XI for Martin Ling’s London Legends this week and it included various high-profile names for the ‘Big Match, Big Cause’ event.
On Sunday, a match between Martin Ling’s London Legends and Errol McKellar’s Celebrity XI will take place at Brisbane Road (3pm kick-off).
The event is in aid of Prostate Cancer UK and East Hertfordshire Mind Network, two charities close to the heart of McKellar and Ling.
Tickets are available to buy from Leyton Orient’s website if you click here and they are priced at £15 for adults, £10 for concessions and £5 for three to 16-year-olds.
Some of the names in Ling’s London Legends team included current O’s head coach Justin Edinburgh, 2006 promotion heroes John Mackie, Matt Lockwood and Gary Alexander plus old favourites Dean Cox, Charlie Daniels and Kevin Lisbie.
You may also want to watch:
Matty Joseph will also line up at right-back while ex-West Ham United midfielder Trevor Sinclair and George Boateng are set to form a partnership in the middle of the park while a sponsor will be in goal.
On the bench so far for Ling’s Legends are Scott McGleish, Danny Shittu, Danny Bailey and Aiden Palmer.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
McKellar’s final Celebrity XI is yet to be announced, but tickets are selling fast and it is set to be a fantastic day for a poignant cause.
More big names are set to be announced this week and sponsorship and hospitality packages are available, for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07956 905370.