Leyton Orient downed by Ebbsfleet United
- Credit: Archant
National League: Ebbsfleet United 2 Leyton Orient 1
Leyton Orient fell to another disappointing result in the National League as they went down 2-1 at Ebbsfleet United.
Adam Drury gave Fleet the lead with seven minutes on the clock when he fired home from close range.
It was not the start O’s boss Steve Davis envisaged and although Orient regroup well after the opener, they could not break down Ebbsfleet.
With half time approaching, it seemed it would remain 1-0 at the break, but Danny Kedwell had other ideas.
You may also want to watch:
Kedwell headed home four minutes before the interval to hand the east Londoners a big uphill battle.
James Dayton pulled a goal back for O’s in the 87th minute, but Orient couldn’t force a late equaliser and they remain 19th in the table.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Davis’ team are now only three points ahead of the relegation zone and host leaders Dover Athletic next Saturday.
Leyton Orient: Grainger; Caprice (Judd 80), Ellis, Sendles-White, Happe (Boco 46), Brophy; Lawless (McAnuff 65), Westbrooke, Dayton; Mooney, Harrold.
Unused substitutes: Sargeant, Clay.