O’s drawn at home to Maldon & Tiptree in the FA Cup
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient have been handed a home tie against Isthmian North side Maldon & Tiptree in the first round of the FA Cup.
The O's enter the competition at this stage and will welcome the Jammers to Brisbane Road on Saturday, November, 9.
Wayne Brown's side currently sit in second place in the Isthmian North with six wins from their opening six games.
They have beaten Royston Town (3-1), Chertsey Town (6-1), Wingate & Finchley (4-2), Histon (3-0) and Saffron Walden (2-1) to reach the first round for the first time in their history.
The winner of the tie will bag £36,000 in prize money.
You may also want to watch:
The O's crashed out in the fourth qualifying round last season to Maidstone United with a 2-0 defeat thanks to goals from Blair Turgott and Elliott Romain at the Gallagher Stadium.
The result meant Orient, for the first time since 1907, did not compete in the 'proper rounds' of the FA Cup but with promotion back to League Two they have ensured themselves a first round draw this season.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic