O’s hopeful that Ekpiteta and Sotiriou will be in contention for Cheltenham trip
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient head coach Ross Embleton is hopeful Marvin Ekpiteta and Ruel Sotiriou will be back in contention for the trip to Cheltenham Town.
The duo were ruled out of their 2-1 victory over Mansfield Town due to injury but the boss insisted they're nothing major and could even return for the weekend's away fixture.
Although he did admit defender Ekpiteta has been carrying this specific knock for a little while now.
"Marv has had a shin problem for a lot of the season and we felt it was settling down, but I think down to the amount of football we've played recently, and the amount Marv has had to play has meant it has flared up again," Embleton revealed.
"He's walking around the training ground at the moment with two bags of ice on his shins trying to get the pain he's got there to settle down.
You may also want to watch:
"We're hoping and scans have shown us it's not too serious, so we're hoping he'll be up for selection again on the weekend, but that remains to be seen."
Young striker Sotiriou, who has been in great form, may have picked up a slight injury due to amount of first-team football he has played in recent weeks.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
"A hamstring injury, I think again probably due to the amount of football the young boy has played, and because of his performances you have to keep him in the team.
"We'll have a look how he responses over the next few days to see whether or not he qualifies for the weekend, but we're hoping it's nothing too serious."