Leyton Orient forward Jordan Bowery joins Crewe Alexandra on loan
- Credit: Archant
Ex-Aston Villa striker first of many expected to depart Brisbane Road this month
Jordan Bowery has completed a loan move to Crewe Alexandra as Leyton Orient look to move on some of their underperforming players.
The striker signed for O’s on a free transfer during the summer following a successful stint at Oxford United last season.
Bowery has struggled to make an impact at Brisbane Road, however, and netted just once during 20 appearances in all competitions for Orient.
And now the ex-Aston Villa forward will finish the campaign at the Railwaymen, who are a direct rival of O’s in the battle to survive.
You may also want to watch:
Crewe are 18th - above Orient by just two points - and Bowery’s exit leaves boss Andy Edwards with only two senior strikers.
It will potentially be the first of many departures out of Brisbane Road this month with Alex Cisak, Callum Kennedy and Tom Parkes all transfer listed.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
Bowery has been a big disappointment since signing, but Edwards is unlikely to be able to replace the forward.
It leaves the O’s manager with just Paul McCallum and Ollie Palmer up front plus youngsters Victor Adeboyejo and Sam Dalby.
And with fellow strugglers Morecambe visiting on Saturday, this is the worse type of preparation for Orient and their depleted squad.