Leyton Orient goalkeeper Charlie Grainger signs new two-year deal
- Credit: Archant
O’s stopper to remain with club for National League campaign
Leyton Orient goalkeeper Charlie Grainger will remain with the National League club after signing a new two-year deal.
The 20-year-old’s previous contract with the east Londoners expired this summer, but Grainger will remain at Brisbane Road until 2019.
The youngster will compete for the number one spot with Sam Sargeant next season, with both due to return to pre-season training on Monday.
“I couldn’t be any happier, as this is something I have wanted to get sorted all summer. I want to be here and love the club,” Grainger told the club website.
You may also want to watch:
“I have been here almost nine years now, and want to do everything I can to try and put things right from last season.
“It will be a really good battle with ‘Sarge’ for the number one spot this season, and something that I am very much looking forward to.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
“I’ve been working hard during the off-season and can’t wait to get going on Monday. It is an exciting time for the club and I am delighted to be a part of it.”