Leyton Orient handed Dover Athletic trip in FA Trophy third-round
- Credit: Archant
Justin Edinburgh’s team face a tricky away clash in the last-16 of the competition
Leyton Orient have been drawn away to Dover Athletic in the third round of the FA Trophy with the tie set to be played on February 3.
The O’s reached the last-16 of the competition with a 2-1 extra-time win at Bognor Regis Town on Saturday.
Goals from Macauley Bonne and Josh Koroma saw Justin Edinburgh’s men through and their reward is a clash against their National League rivals.
It will be a tough match for Orient with Dover flying high in the table and currently in seventh position.
You may also want to watch:
The two clubs did battle at Brisbane Road on November 18 and a goal from Craig Clay earned O’s a point.
Orient will now renew acquaintances with the Whites, who have Connor Essam in their squad, on February 3 and the game will be the first of two between the clubs in the space of a month.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
After visiting the Crabble Athletic Ground next month, the east Londoners will go back there on March 3 for a National League contest.