Norwich, Wolves and Brighton keen on Leyton Orient defender Happe
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City are reportedly watching the progress of young Leyton Orient defender Dan Happe, who has become a regular for the National League leaders this season.
The Sun claim Premier League sides Wolves and Brighton are leading the chase for the 20-year-old central defender, who can also play at left-back.
Happe has made 12 appearances for Orient, who sit two points clear at the top of the National League with two games in hand as they chase a return to the Football League, starting 10 successive games at centre-back since January.
The youngster signed his first professional deal in October 2017, which keeps him under contract with the O’s until the end of the 2019-20 season, with the report claiming £200,000 could be enough to secure the signing.
Happe made his debut as an 18-year-old in April 2017, as Orient slipped to relegation from League Two – playing alongside Canaries U23 striker Tristan Abrahams, who is currently out on loan at Yeovil.
You may also want to watch:
He made 27 appearances in the top tier of non-league last season, as the O’s finished in mid-table, but won the club’s player-of-the-month award in January and February.
With Norwich pushing for a return to the Premier League it’s likely that any interest in the left-footed defender, who has represented England C, would be as an addition to the U23 squad initially with an eye on future development.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe