Norwich, Wolves and Brighton keen on Leyton Orient defender Happe
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City are reportedly watching the progress of young Leyton Orient defender Dan Happe, who has become a regular for the National League leaders this season.
The Sun claim Premier League sides Wolves and Brighton are leading the chase for the 20-year-old central defender, who can also play at left-back.
Happe has made 12 appearances for Orient, who sit two points clear at the top of the National League with two games in hand as they chase a return to the Football League, starting 10 successive games at centre-back since January.
The youngster signed his first professional deal in October 2017, which keeps him under contract with the O’s until the end of the 2019-20 season, with the report claiming £200,000 could be enough to secure the signing.
Happe made his debut as an 18-year-old in April 2017, as Orient slipped to relegation from League Two – playing alongside Canaries U23 striker Tristan Abrahams, who is currently out on loan at Yeovil.
You may also want to watch:
He made 27 appearances in the top tier of non-league last season, as the O’s finished in mid-table, but won the club’s player-of-the-month award in January and February.
With Norwich pushing for a return to the Premier League it’s likely that any interest in the left-footed defender, who has represented England C, would be as an addition to the U23 squad initially with an eye on future development.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears