Five things to expect from Harlow Town vs Leyton Orient
- Credit: Archant
Ahead of the O’s first pre-season game of the 2018//19 campaign, we look at what fans may see on Saturday
Harlow Town is becoming a familiar place for Leyton Orient to play friendlies with the O’s set to play at the Harlow Arena for the third time in the space of a year on Saturday.
Back in the summer of 2017, the Brisbane Road outfit opened their pre-season with a 6-1 win at the Essex club on July 15.
Orient also visited Harlow Town earlier this year on March 20, but to face Greenwich Borough in a friendly at the Hawks, which Justin Edinburgh’s team won 1-0.
The O’s will make the trip back there tomorrow for an 11.30am kick-off and here are five things to expect from the day.
You may also want to watch:
1. Orient supporters to get behind the team once again
During the 2017/18 campaign, the O’s were one of the best supported clubs in the National League and they have already sold over 3,400 season-tickets for the new term.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
Last July a crowd of 1,274 watched the friendly at Harlow and hundreds of E10 supporters are expected to make the trip to Essex this weekend.
Despite the kick-off being moved forward to 11.30am, another excellent attendance can be predicted for Orient’s first pre-season match of the 2018/19 campaign.
2. The club’s joint-owners not to be in attendance
Nigel Travis and Kent Teague are not set to be at Harlow tomorrow morning when the O’s officially begin the new season.
The pair are unable to attend every fixture due to other work commitments in America and won’t be around for this game either unfortunately.
However, it won’t be long before we see the two Orient owners watching the team from the touchline again given their huge affection for the club.
3. Justin Edinburgh to use at least 22 members of his squad
The O’s are in the fortunate position this summer of having a settled team and most of them will get a run out at Harlow.
Head coach Edinburgh is likely to use two different starting XI’s and potentially bring on some fringe players towards the end of the second half.
Last year, Steve Davis used 22 players including three trialists as the visitors ran out 6-1 winners against the Bostik Premier club.
4. A first glimpse at new recruit James Alabi, but probably no Dale Gorman
Orient’s most recent signing James Alabi will be raring to go on Saturday after a tough past 12 months at Tranmere Rovers.
During his year-and-a-half at Chester, the Londoner showed his potential and he will aim to impress at Harlow.
Fellow new recruit Dale Gorman is not likely to play, however, with the midfielder still recovering from an ankle fracture he suffered at the end of April.
5. A mystery trialist to feature
Last summer Orient had three trialists at Harlow as then-head coach Davis looked to add more experience and quality to his squad.
As mentioned, Edinburgh is lucky to have a settled group of players, but will have one trialists involved tomorrow.
The position of the player is not known, but given the O’s desire to have plenty of firepower, it could be an attacker.