Leyton Orient in FA Youth Cup action at local rivals Southend United this week
- Credit: Archant
Josh Koroma, Sam Dalby and Myles Judd could feature at Roots Hall having previously represented the O’s first team
Leyton Orient’s under-18s take on rivals Southend United in the first round of the FA Youth Cup tomorrow (Wednesday).
Richard Thomas takes his talented youngsters to Roots Hall for the second time this season having met in the Youth Alliance South East Division in August.
A brace from Sam Dalby ensured O’s claimed the points following a 2-1 win and they’ll hope for more success this time around.
Kick-off is 7.30pm and admission prices are £3 for adults and £1 for concessions and under-16s.
You may also want to watch:
Southend will open a section of their East Stand for the match where supporters can pay on the gate to enter.
Orient have enjoyed another incredible start to the campaign winning all 13 matches so far in various competitions.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Thomas will have several players in his squad who have represented the O’s first team over the past few seasons.
Dalby, just 16, made his debut for the east Londoners in the 3-1 EFL Trophy win over Stevenage on August 31.
Josh Koroma was also introduced in that fixture and made his first appearance for Orient last season at Barnet.
Myles Judd is another to have represented O’s during the 2015/16 campaign and could feature at Southend.
Tristan Abrahams is one of many to watch out for tomorrow having scored 13 times for the under-18s this season to lead the scoring charts.
Orient won 2-0 at Hornchurch in the first round last year before exiting the competition at home to Luton Town and Thomas will be keen to progress at Southend.