Leyton Orient in process of paying players and full-time staff wages for May
- Credit: Archant
Some full-time staff received payment yesterday and other employees are set to be paid today
Leyton Orient are understood to be in the process of paying their players and full-time staff wages for May.
The club paid employees late for both March and April, although the delay for April was only short.
When O’s players and staff were paid for March and April, the money came from a different bank account to usual.
It is understood that various employees have received payment for May, though this time it has come from another account.
You may also want to watch:
Some full-time staff received payment yesterday and the rest of Orient’s employees are set to be paid today.
It is positive news for the club ahead of their date in the High Court on June 12 over money outstanding to four other creditors.
Leyton Orient Fans’ Trust recently revealed, however, that other creditors have come forward since the original court date on May 20.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
With ex-chairman Barry Hearn owed rent money for Brisbane Road, there are still plenty of issues for Francesco Becchetti to sort out.
Several contract staff have also yet to receive any type of payment from the club in 2017, but despite that continued to work during the season.