Caprice exits O’s to sign with recently promoted Tranmere
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
The right-back was transfer listed at the end of the season and has now departed Brisbane Road
Jake Caprice has ended his time at Leyton Orient to sign for Football League club Tranmere Rovers.
This is the second business the two teams, who competed together in the National League last season, have finalised this week.
Orient signed forward James Alabi from Rovers on Tuesday morning for an undisclosed fee on a two-year deal.
And they have now allowed defender Caprice to move in the other direction, although the two transfers are not connected.
You may also want to watch:
The right-back signed for the O’s last summer on a free transfer from Woking and began the 2017/18 season as a regular under old boss Steve Davis.
Even when Davis was sacked in November, Caprice maintained his position in the Orient starting XI under new head coach Justin Edinburgh, but the February arrival of Sam Ling eventually saw him displaced.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
The 25-year-old’s last appearance for the O’s was on March 13 during the 1-0 defeat at home to Torquay United.
Caprice departs Brisbane Road having played 42 times for the club in all competitions, with 35 of those in the National League.