Leyton Orient manager Alberto Cavasin brings experienced midfielder Michael Collins to Brisbane Road
- Credit: Archant
Former Republic of Ireland under-21 international agrees deal until January while Freddy Moncur moves to Bishop’s Stortford on loan
Leyton Orient have boosted their options in midfield by bringing in Michael Collins on a short-term deal.
The 30-year-old has agreed a switch to Brisbane Road until January after being without a club since the summer.
Collins, a former Republic of Ireland under-21 international, left Indian side Bengaluru in May after joining them at the start of 2016.
The central midfielder has a vast amount of experience in English football and initially made his name at Huddersfield Town in League One.
You may also want to watch:
A lengthy spell with Scunthorpe United followed before a permanent switch to Oxford United in the summer of 2014.
Collins featured on loan for York City last season before completing a surprise move to Bengaluru.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
The Halifax-born ace is now at Orient, although his transfer is subject to international clearance meaning it is not guaranteed he will be able to make his debut against Crewe Alexandra tomorrow in League Two.
If Collins’ switch is confirmed it provides Alberto Cavasin with more options in midfield after learning Liam Kelly would be out for the rest of the year recently.
With the experienced ace joining the O’s, youngster Freddy Moncur has departed Brisbane Road briefly to link up with Bishop’s Stortford on loan.
The 20-year-old could make his debut for the National League South outfit at Eastbourne Borough tomorrow.