Leyton Orient manager Andy Hessenthaler brings in French defender Yvan Erichot
- Credit: Simon O'Connor /LOFC/TGS Photo
Central defender adds to options available for the east Londoners ahead of new League Two campaign
Leyton Orient manager Andy Hessenthaler has boosted his defence by making the signing of Yvan Erichot.
The French ace has moved to Brisbane Road on a free transfer after his contract with Belgium side Sint-Truiden expired this summer.
He has agreed a two-year deal with the O’s, but has the option to extend it by a further year should the switch be a success.
Erichot can play in the centre of defence or as a right-back and began his career with Ligue 1 side Monaco.
You may also want to watch:
Although the 26-year-old didn’t make an appearance for Monaco, he was sent out on loan to Clermont Foot and Portuguese outfit Uniao de Leiria.
It was only when Erichot moved to Sint-Truiden when he settled and was given regular game time.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
He played over 50 times in the Belgium Second Division and helped his club win the title in the 2014/15 season.
Sint-Truiden held their own after promotion and finish 13th in the Jupiler Pro League, but Erichot has moved on.
Hessenthaler needed to strengthen in the centre of defence with Aron Pollock, Alan Dunne and Tom Parkes the only players capable of playing in that position.
Therefore the addition of Erichot is welcome, although the transfer is subject to international clearance.