Leyton Orient need your coats! The O’s back ‘Wrap Up London’ campaign
- Credit: Archant
The National League club are calling on fans to donate their coats with donations being accepted at the SCORE Centre between Saturday and Tuesday
Leyton Orient have thrown their weight behind an annual campaign called ‘Wrap Up London’ by holding a coat collection between Saturday morning until Tuesday night.
The O’s are urging supporters who have coats they no longer use to donate them to the SCORE Centre in Oliver Road, which is opposite the club shop at Brisbane Road.
Donations will be collected from Saturday morning where Dover Athletic will visit Orient in the National League and up until Tuesday night when Chester make the trip to east London.
‘Wrap Up London’ accepts men’s, women’s and kids’ coats, but in 2017 there is an emphasis on the need for men’s coats, as each year there is a high demand for these coats.
You may also want to watch:
With International Men’s Day on Sunday, the club want to make sure everyone who needs a coat gets one!
Now in its seventh year, ‘Wrap Up London’ sees Londoners looking after their own by donating spare coats and jackets to those in the capital who struggle to keep warm in the winter months.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
Coats are distributed via homeless shelters, refugee centres, organisations supporting the elderly, women’s refuges, children’s centres and other charities helping people in crisis.
A club statement read: “Maybe you’ve been meaning to clear out the wardrobe, or under your bed, or wherever it is you keep your spare coats.
“Maybe you’re just looking for an excuse to buy that new coat you saw in the shop. Whatever your reasons, please bring your unwanted coats between Saturday 18 and Tuesday 21 November to the SCORE centre. Your generosity will be very much appreciated.”
For more info visit: www.wrapuplondon.org.uk