Leyton Orient player ratings: FA Cup dream over
- Credit: Archant
George Sessions provides player ratings following the 3-0 defeat at Scunthorpe United in the FA Cup
Leyton Orient were knocked out of the FA Cup after conceding twice in five second half minutes to lose 3-0 at Scunthorpe United.
The second round replay at Glanford Park was a massive match with the winner travelling to Chelsea on January 10.
Although the O’s were well on top throughout the first half and created numerous chances to open the scoring, they didn’t.
It was a mistake that gifted the Iron the first goal and they never looked back to book a spot at Stamford Bridge in the next round.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Cisak (6.5) – Not much the Orient number one could do about any of the goals, but was relatively assured in everything else he did.
Sean Clohessy (6) – A really poor error by the experience defender, who was having one of his best recent games before that and got forward impressively in the first half.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
Mathieu Baudry (6.5) – The O’s captain didn’t do too much wrong, but couldn’t inspire his team mates to get back into it once Scunthorpe scored their second.
Jean-Yves M’voto (6) – Big defender should have put his side ahead and then deflected in the opener – not a game to remember for him.
Frazer Shaw (6.5) – Another decent display by the full-back, who linked up with Jobi McAnuff nicely. He did get dragged across for the third goal though.
Jack Payne (7) – Wonderful first half performance as he pulled the strings for Orient, but everything changed in the 55th minute.
Lloyd James (7) – Unfamiliar position on the right for the former Wales under-21 international, but his set pieces were excellent and created numerous chances.
Jobi McAnuff (6) – Not a great evening for the Jamaican international, although his influence in the match was growing, but pass that led to Scunthorpe’s first was a poor decision.
Bradley Pritchard (6.5) – lots of endeavour and effort from the Zimbabwean, who came close to giving Orient the lead.
Ollie Palmer (6) – Once again the big forward worked his socks off, but just doesn’t look like scoring at the moment.
Jay Simpson (6) – League Two’s top goalscorer was only given a few half chances, but couldn’t take them.
John Marquis, for Palmer 63. (6.5) – Like most on the evening his desire couldn’t be questioned, but couldn’t produce anything of note.
Blair Turgott, for James 63. (6.5) – A few decent crosses into the penalty area, but all the momentum was with Scunthorpe by the time of his introduction.
Victor Adeboyejo, for McAnuff 71. (6) – The youngster was shoved out on the left and couldn’t make any impact.