Leyton Orient player ratings: Liam Kelly leads by example during Mansfield Town reverse
- Credit: Archant
George Sessions provides player ratings following the 2-1 loss to Mansfield Town at Brisbane Road
Leyton Orient conceded in the 89th minute to suffer a 2-1 defeat at home to Mansfield Town on Saturday.
It was a tough encounter for Andy Hessenthaler’s team and they didn’t defend well enough throughout.
Although Liam Kelly got them back on level terms in the 73rd minute, goals from Mitchell Rose and Matt Green gave the Stags the three points.
Alex Cisak (7) - Orient’s goalkeeper did well whenever he was called upon and was good with both his hands and feet.
You may also want to watch:
Nicky Hunt (6) – Played his part in equaliser and defended strongly throughout at Brisbane Road.
Yvan Erichot (5) - Endured a terrible first half, gave away penalty and looked all over the place before losing Green for the winner.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
Tom Parkes (7) - Confident throughout and dealt with Henderson easily, another encouraging display.
Sandro Semedo (5) - Too many tricks in Orient half and gave away some needless fould before losing his man for Mansfield’s opener and allowing Rose too much time to chest down for Green.
Liam Kelly (7) - Another strong performance by the stand-in skipper, battled well and showed great composure to score his second for the club.
Nigel Atangana (7) - Lots of nice touches from French midfielder and drove team on when required.
Harry Cornick (6) - Wasn’t able to get on the ball enough, although when he did he looked bright.
Dean Cox (7) - Couldn’t get on the ball enough in first half, but looked better after the break and put in some wonderful deliveries.
Gavin Massey (7) - Better from the wide man as he was always trying to put Stags on back foot and played part in equaliser
Ollie Palmer (5) - Frustrating afternoon for the ex-Mansfield striker, missed great early chance and lost his head slightly after not being awarded penalty
Paul McCallum, for Palmer 62. (6) – Close to getting on end of a cross late on and was presence up front.
Jordan Bowery, for Cornick 62. (7) – Lovely close control for the equaliser and kept hold of the ball well.