Leyton Orient player ratings: No falling at first Cheltenham Town hurdle as O’s draw League Two opener
- Credit: Archant
George Sessions provides player ratings following the 1-1 draw at Cheltenham Town on Saturday
Gavin Massey’s third-minute goal was only enough to give Leyton Orient a share of the spoils at Cheltenham Town at the weekend.
The ex-Colchester United winger side footed home Sandro Semedo’s cross, but Andy Hessenthaler’s team were pegged back after the break.
Billy Waters netted for the Robins in the 76th minute and the League Two opener finished level at Whaddon Road.
Alex Cisak (6.5) – Australian didn’t have much to do during first half, but was called upon a few times after the break and eventually beaten.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Clohessy (6.5) – Solid display from O’s full-back and made crucial block during the opening 45.
Yvan Erichot (6) – French defender tasted League Two football for first time and batted well, but lost a few battles in the air.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 10 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
Tom Parkes (6) – Another new recruit and batted on despite dislocating shoulder in first half, but lost his man for the goal.
Sandro Semedo (8) – Youngster was so impressive in the first half, although lucky not to give penalty away. Provided great cross for the goal and was fairly solid throughout.
Gavin Massey (7.5) – Perfect start for the ex-Colchester United winger and threatened the Cheltenham back four on numerous occasions.
Robbie Weir (5.5) – O’s captain has been excellent in pre-season, but didn’t look properly fit at Whaddon Road. Illness was probably still in system and got caught on the ball on a couple of times.
Nigel Atangana (6) – French midfielder batted well against his Robins rivals, but crucially lost his opponent for the equalising goal.
Harry Cornick (7.5) – AFC Bournemouth loanee was excellent during first 45 on his full debut and demonstrated his stunning pace on several occasions.
Ollie Palmer (7) – Typically hard working display by the forward, but lacked cutting edge at the crucial times near the area.
Jordan Bowery (6.5) – Ex-Aston Villa striker showed some lovely touches and had decent opportunity to score, but failed to find target – definitely looks to be one that will get better the more he plays.
Liam Kelly, for Weir 71. (6.5) – New signing didn’t have much time to make an impact, but showed some nice touches.
Nicky Hunt, for Parkes 77.
Armand Gnanduillet, for Bowery 81.