Leyton Orient player ratings: Sandro Semedo shows his potential at Hartlepool United to earn Alberto Cavasin a first win as O’s boss
- Credit: Archant
George Sessions provides player ratings following the 3-1 win at Hartlepool United on Saturday in League Two
Ollie Palmer’s two clinical finishes helped Leyton Orient get back to winning ways in League Two on Saturday at Hartlepool United.
Sandro Semedo levelled the scores at Victoria Park after Leyton-born Josh Laurent put the hosts ahead.
Alberto Cavasin’s men showed real character to respond to going a goal down and earning all three points.
Alex Cisak (7.5) – Australian could perhaps have done more for the opener, but made a massive save from Lewis Hawkins in 52nd minute and it would prove decisive.
You may also want to watch:
Jans Jense (6) – Struggled against Nathan Thomas and was given a torrid time in first half, but improved after break.
Nicky Hunt (7) – Usually at right-back but at the heart of defence on Saturday and made a couple of wonderful blocks.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
Tom Parkes (7.5) – Impressive display from former Bristol Rovers captain and was good in possession.
Callum Kennedy (7.5) – One of O’s better players in a disappointing first 45, put in number of decent balls.
Gavin Massey (7.5) – Ex-Colchester United winger looked much more like himself at Hartlepool and played his part in first and third goal.
Robbie Weir (7) – Solid performance from skipper on his league return and had big role in equaliser.
Nigel Atangana (8) – Midfielder has had big impact over past week and was full of energy and excellent again at Victoria Park.
Sandro Semedo (8) – Fantastic to see youngster on the scoresheet with crucial leveller and showed plenty of endeavour and drive throughout.
Jordan Bowery (7.5) – Hard working shift from striker and lovely link up play with Palmer for the second.
Ollie Palmer (8.5) – Big forward was really impressive at Hartlepool, especially in the second half and produced two excellent finishes.
Alan Dunne, for Bowery 76.
Ulrich Nnomo, for Semedo 80.
Zan Benedicic, for Weir 81.