Leyton Orient player ratings: Team takes the plaudits despite Dons loss
- Credit: Archant
George Sessions provides player ratings following the 2-1 defeat to MK Dons
Leyton Orient conceded twice late on against MK Dons to exit the Capital One Cup in the first round, but only after an impressive display at stadiummk.
Ian Hendon’s team were close to progressing before Mathieu Baudry put through his own net and the home side added a second shortly afterwards.
Although the loss was hard to take, the performance of the Brisbane Road outfit was one to be proud of and a stark contrast to the 6-1 thrashing they suffered last time they were here.
Alex Cisak (7.5) – The Orient goalkeeper made some decent saves throughout the match and his handling was good too. Not that much he could have done with either goal.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Clohessy (7) – Another encouraging display by full-back who appears to be getting back to his best form, he defended well all evening and provided a decent outlet on the right as well.
Connor Essam (7.5) – Former Dover Athletic captain looks like he has been playing at this level for years. He’s developing a good relationship with O’s skipper Baudry and didn’t do much wrong again last night.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Mathieu Baudry (6.5) – Top drawer display by the Frenchmen but he could only divert the ball past his own goalkeeper on the stroke of full time. Cruel for Orient to take and for him after another strong performance.
Alan Dunne (7) – Irishman is working his way back to full fitness and put in a good shift at stadiummk. He tried to get forward when he could and did well.
Blair Turgott (7) – Encouraging display by the youngster, who was Orient’s brightest spark in the first half and can build on this.
Sammy Moore (6.5) – This was an improved performance compared to Saturday’s against Barnet. His ball retention was better and he got up and down a lot better.
Bradley Pritchard (7.5) – Excellent again from Pritchard and he seems revitalised under Hendon. He put in a number of perfect tackles and was full of energy all evening. He feels like a new signing.
Dean Cox (7) – Another assist for Cox and his deliveries caused problems for Dons throughout the contest. He nearly got another when he set up Palmer and is looking back to his best.
Scott Kashket (7.5) – Youngster is really taking his first team opportunities and was a menace for the home side all evening. He worked hard and showed his talent on numerous occasions.
Ollie Palmer (6.5) – The big man so nearly capped his first start with a goal, but hit the post from inside the area. He worked ever so hard but didn’t win too much in the air. Battling display nevertheless.
Frazer Shaw, for Dunne 81.
Jay Simpson, for Palmer 81.