Leyton Orient players and staff not paid their wages for April on time
- Credit: Archant
Club employees had to wait close to four weeks longer than expected to receive their wages for March and look set to have to wait for April’s now too
Players and staff at recently relegated Leyton Orient have not been paid wages that were due for this month.
Club employees were expecting to be paid their monthly wages today (April 28), but as of this morning none have received payment.
This is the second month in succession where players and staff at O’s haven’t received their wages on time.
Employees were only paid their wages for March on Monday and Tuesday – nearly four weeks after they were expected.
The club made no statement during this period to reassure staff while the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) stepped in halfway through April to loan the Orient squad half of their wages.
You may also want to watch:
Although O’s employees finally got their wages for March, the fear now is how long they will wait to receive their wages for April or if they will receive them at all.
The club have until 4pm today to process the payment, but if they fail to do that then staff and players at Orient will not be paid until Tuesday at the earliest.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided