Leyton Orient face long trip to Plymouth Argyle in Carabao Cup first round
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient are faced with an away tie at Plymouth Argyle in the First Round of the Carabao Cup.
The O's will face their fellow League Two side in the week commencing August 12.
The last time they were in the competition occurred back in the 2016/17 campaign, when they welcomed Fulham to Brisbane Road in the first round in front of a crowd of 3,855 spectators.
Championship outfit the Cottagers were three goals ahead by the 54th minute, but two late goals by Paul McCallum made it an interesting finale.
Fulham also gave a 16-year-old Ryan Sessegnon his professional debut that night.
You may also want to watch:
O's fans wanting to attend the first round will face a 450-mile round trip to the south-west of England.
And they will certainly hope for a better performance in the competition this time under newly appointed manager Ross Embleton against a Plymouth Argyle side which was relegated from League One last season.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning