Leyton Orient’s FA Trophy quarter-final replay at Gateshead postponed
- Credit: Archant
The Heed confirmed the decision this morning with snow and minus temperatures hitting all parts of the UK
Leyton Orient’s FA Trophy quarter-final replay at Gateshead has been postponed over 24 hours before kick-off.
It is a sensible decision by the Heed and the O’s to call the fixture off early with snow and minus temperatures hitting all parts of the UK.
A statement on Orient’s official club website read: “The club can confirm that Tuesday’s scheduled FA Trophy quarter-final replay at Gateshead has been postponed due to the adverse weather conditions.
“The fixture will now take place on Tuesday, March 6 with a kick-off time of 7:45pm. Subsequently, the scheduled league fixture against Hartlepool United will now be moved, and details of that rearrangement will be confirmed in due course.”
You may also want to watch:
With the ‘beast from the east’ in full effect, the replay was always likely to not go ahead, but it will only add to O’s frustration.
After Saturday’s abject last half an hour at Brisbane Road, Orient would have hoped to show a reaction on Tuesday.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
Now they will have a whole week to maul over what went wrong against the Heed and look to put it right at National League high-flyers Dover Athletic on Saturday afternoon.