Leyton Orient’s legends come together for LOFT football match at Redbridge’s Oakside Stadium
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
A Lingy’s Legends team will take on an O’s supporters’ side managed by former player Steve Castle on what should be a great day for all
Leyton Orient Fans’ Trust (LOFT) have organised a football match this Saturday between ex-O’s stars and supporters to help raise some funds for their Regeneration Fund.
The game will take place at Oakside Stadium, home of Essex Senior League club Redbridge, with the kick-off scheduled for 2pm.
A team called ‘Lingy’s Legends’ will take on an Orient supporters’ side managed by former player Steve Castle (now manager of Royston Town).
The spots for the O’s fans team are now taken up, but admission to the match is £5 for adults and £1 for under-16s/senior citizens.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the ex-stars lined up to appear at the event include John Mackie, Matt Lockwood, Shane Tudor, Ian Hendon, Alan Comfort, David Mooney, Nicky Shorey and Kevin Lisbie, but plenty more.
Martin Ling will manage the ‘Lingy’s Legends’ and be helped by Orient fans favourite Peter Kitchen, who will be acting as his assistant for the afternoon.
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
A raffle and post-match auction will also take place, as LOFT aim to raise more for their Regeneration Fund, which has so far reached just over £157,000.
“We are looking forward to this being a great day and a celebration of all that is good about Leyton Orient,” read a statement by LOFT.