Leyton Orient’s players and full-time staff finally paid wages for March after waiting nearly four-weeks for payment
- Credit: Archant
It is understood the payment has come from a different bank account to usual and it seems each payment has been processed individually.
Leyton Orient are understood to have now paid all their players and full-time staff overdue wages for March.
Club employees were expected to be paid on March 31, but weren’t and were then told several different dates as to when they would receive their wages.
Each date passed without pay before the Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) stepped in on April 13 to loan the O’s squad half of their wages.
The loyal staff at the club still remained in limbo, however, and released a statement on April 19 calling for chairman Francesco Becchetti to communicate with them.
You may also want to watch:
After more silence, the Orient staff put out another statement yesterday morning asking for the FA and EFL to intervene, but now it appears the Brisbane Road club have started paying their employees.
It is understood the payment has come from a different bank account to usual and it seems each payment is being processed individually.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Therefore not all the full-time staff and players received their wages for March on the same day with some receiving payment last night and others this morning.
Also, it is not known yet whether matchday staff have received their wages for March, but it is hoped they will soon.
While it is a brief positive step, club employees will be owed their wages for April on Friday and it remains to be seen whether they will receive them on time.