Leyton Orient’s under-18 captain Charley Barker joins Ryman North club Soham Town Rangers on loan
- Credit: Archant
Charley Barker and Sam Roach the only two academy players from Brisbane Road in action for non-league clubs this week
Leyton Orient’s under-18 captain Charley Barker joined Ryman North outfit Soham Town Rangers on loan last week and made his debut on Saturday.
The highly rated midfielder started against Heybridge Swifts and played 77 minutes for the Cambridgeshire club.
Barker unfortunately couldn’t prevent Rangers from suffering a 2-0 defeat, which sees them remain just above the bottom three.
O’s youngster will look to make a positive impression for Soham Town this weekend when they visit Hornchurch.
You may also want to watch:
Sam Roach was unable to stop Histon’s fine unbeaten run in the Southern Football League Division One coming to an end on Saturday.
Aylesbury United defeated the Stutes 1-0 to keep the Cambridgeshire club inside the bottom two.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
But with two home games coming up this week, Histon and Roach will fancy their chances of moving out of the relegation zone.
Mid-table side Beaconsfield SYCOB visit Stutes this weekend before Chalfont St Peter travel to Bridge Road on Tuesday.
Barker and Roach were Orient’s only young players in action at non-league clubs this week with several involved with O’s first-team.
Dan Happe is understood to have returned to Brisbane Road after a short loan spell with Histon.
East Thurrock United were again without Michael Clark as Danny Webb brought the youngster to Yeovil Town and Plymouth Argyle.
Orient’s former under-18 skipper wasn’t part of the match day squad at Huish Park, but was on the bench on Tuesday night.
Clark is likely to be part of the O’s squad this weekend when fellow strugglers Notts County visit E10.