Leyton Orient’s under-23s suffer defeat away to Southend United rivals
- Credit: Archant
The Blues won 2-1 after Sam Sargeant was unable to save a second half penalty
Leyton Orient’s under-23s suffered a 2-1 defeat away to Southend United’s 23s earlier this afternoon.
The match was a chance for some of O’s fringe players and youngsters to get some game time.
Last Monday, an Orient XI hosted a side from Cambridge United and lost 2-1 and it was a case of déjà vu today.
Southend took the lead in the first half through a Trialist and remained in front by one goal at the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Orient fought back, however, and levelled the scores midway through the second half thanks to Ruel Sotiriou.
But Southend had the final say on proceedings when O’s gave away a penalty and it was dispatched by Renei Batlokwa.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Sam Sargeant was in goal for Orient, while Michael Clark was also involved for the National League club.
Myles Judd, Rian McLean, Charley Barker, Freddy Moncur and Sam Dalby were among the other players to feature against Southend.