Leyton Orient secure loan deal for Jordan Thomas from Norwich City
- Credit: PA
Leyton Orient have announced the signing of Jordan Thomas on a season-long loan deal from Championship side Norwich City.
The full-back, 19, arrives highly rated from within the Canaries academy set-up – having made his Premier League debut from the bench against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.
Thomas was part of the Norwich under-23’s side that played against Leyton Orient in pre-season last summer, and a talent that has been on the radar for The O’s.
“Jordan’s an exciting young prospect from a big club, and one that we’re pleased to work with and potentially build a bigger relationship with,” said Head Coach Ross Embleton.
“He’s a player we’ve been tracking for a while, and we feel we’ve signed a player with huge potential. I personally am really excited to work with him, and for everyone to see him in an Orient shirt.”
You may also want to watch:
“I’m just really pleased that it has happened,” said Thomas. “It has been ongoing for a little while but I found out last week that I was definitely coming.”
“I’m a modern-day right back. I like to get forward. That fits this club’s philosophy perfectly I think. Especially today, I saw how the team play and had a chance to get to grips with how the boys do things.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided