Leyton Orient see five-game unbeaten run in the National League ended by Hartlepool United
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
National League: Hartlepool United 1 Leyton Orient 0
Leyton Orient suffered their first defeat for over a month as they lost 1-0 on the road at Hartlepool United.
Justin Edinburgh’s team were five games unbeaten, but saw that run sadly end against their League Two rivals from last season.
Orient started brightly, but couldn’t take their chances and the Monkey Hangers took the lead in the 38th minute.
The O’s failed to deal with a free kick into the area and Louis Lang headed past Dean Brill to make it 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
Edinburgh was dealt another blow before the break when George Elokobi needed to be replaced by Dan Happe and he made a second change at the interval.
Lamar Reynolds came on for James Brophy, but it failed to have the desired effect as Orient fell to a single-goal defeat.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Leyton Orient: Brill; Ling, Ekpiteta, Elokobi (Happe 45), Widdowson; McAnuff, Adams, Clay (Mooney 68), Brophy (Reynolds 46); Bonne, Koroma.
Unused substitutes; Grainger, Judd.