Leyton Orient set for trip to National League Woking in the summer
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
East Londoners faced non-league outfit last July and won 4-0 with Jay Simpson scoring twice
Leyton Orient will return to Woking again this summer to play the National League outfit in a pre-season friendly.
The O’s, still without a permanent manager, have confirmed they’ll be off to Kingfield Stadium on Tuesday July 19.
The clash will kick-off at 7.45pm and will see the League Two team go back to the non-league club for a second consecutive season.
Last summer, on July 28, then head coach Ian Hendon took his side to the Cards and watched them deliver a stunning first half display.
You may also want to watch:
Orient won 4-0 that evening with Jay Simpson hitting a brace with Ollie Palmer and Scott Kashket also on target in the opening 45.
A number of trialist featured in the game and this is currently the Brisbane Road teams first pre-season match of the summer.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 4 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
Earlier this week they announced they’d be hosting League One clubs Charlton Athletic and Gillingham on July 23 and 30 respectively.
In between those fixtures they’ll make the short trip to Victoria Road to face local rivals Dagenham & Redbridge on July 26.
Although no new manager has been appointed as of yet, it is at least a positive to see Orient arranging friendly matches.