Leyton Orient sign Brentford youngster Zain Westbrooke on loan
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient have signed midfielder Zain Westbrooke from Brentford on a 93-day loan contract.
The 20-year-old who has made one appearance for his parent club Brentford joins the O’s as he looks to get regular first-team football.
Westbrooke signed a one-year contract with the Championship club on February, 17 and was called into the first team squad for the final two matches of the 2016–17 season.
He made his debut in the West London derby against Fulham as a 76th-minute substitute for Konstantin Kerschbaumer.
The midfielder has since spent a month on loan at National League outfit Solihull Moors where he made two appearances for the strugglers.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster made his debut the day after joining as a 69th-minute substitute for Darren Carter in a 1–0 defeat to Aldershot Town.
Westbrooke then made his first start for the club in the following match versus Chester and assisted Oladapo Afolayan for the Moors first goal, but received the first red card of his career after 74 minutes of the 2–0 victory.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council