Leyton Orient sign Colchester United winger Gavin Massey
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Brisbane Road outfit have added a third new recruit to their squad ahead of the 2016/17 campaign
Leyton Orient have announced the signing of Colchester United winger Gavin Massey for an undisclosed fee.
The 23-year-old’s contract with the recently relegated U’s ran until the end of the 2016/17 campaign, but he has made the transfer to Brisbane Road.
He’s signed a three-year contract with the east Londoners and boosts the options available to manager Andy Hessenthaler.
Massey started his career at Watford before joining Colchester permanently in August 2012 after a successful loan spell there in the 2011/12 League One campaign.
You may also want to watch:
During his four seasons at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, the Watford-born attacker hit 20 goals in the league.
And he found the net against Orient twice - scoring during the 2012/13 campaign and again two years later – both in Colchester victories.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Massey will link up with ex-team mate Sean Clohessy at Brisbane Road and is the third signing the club have made this week.
He made over 150 appearances for the Essex club in all competitions during his four-year stay and has a lot of experience despite being only 23.
A statement on the official Colchester website read: “We would like to thank Gavin for his efforts and valuable contribution on and off the pitch during his time at Colchester United, and we wish him well in his future career.”