Leyton Orient sign former Leeds United loanee Zan Benedicic
- Credit: Archant
League Two club confirm addition of Slovenian under-21 international
Leyton Orient have completed the signing of 20-year-old Zan Benedicic on a deal until January.
The attacking midfielder has been on trial at the O’s and impressed enough to earn a permanent contract.
He is no stranger to English football having been loaned out to Leeds United in August 2014.
Although it was set to be until the end of the season, a knee injury meant he returned to AC Milan early.
You may also want to watch:
Benedicic made two appearances for Leeds – both as substitutes before his loan was cut short.
After leaving Milan, the Slovenian under-21 international moved to Ascoli via Como, but had his contract terminated last month.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
It has allowed him to sign for Orient and he will provide more competition for manager Andy Hessenthaler.
Whether another attacking midfielder is required at the club, however, remains a different subject altogether.
However Benedicic will hope to prove in his four months in east London that he is good enough to shine at this level.