Leyton Orient sign former Stevenage man Charlie Lee
- Credit: Archant
O’s make third signing of the summer with 30-year-old agreeing two-year deal
Leyton Orient have made their third signing of the summer by bringing in midfielder Charlie Lee on a two-year deal.
The 30-year-old moves to east London from League Two outfit Stevenage, where he had been since 2014.
Lee is O’s third addition of the summer following the arrivals of striker David Mooney and left-back Joe Widdowson.
A product of the Tottenham Hotspur academy, Lee was unable to make a breakthrough with the north Londoners before departing for Peterborough United in 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Lee enjoyed a successful with Posh, twice being named the club’s player of the year and helping them win promotion to the Championship in 2009.
Since leaving London Road in 2011, Lee has gone on to play for Gillingham, where he also won promotion from League Two in 2013, as well as Stevenage.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
As well as his natural midfield position, Lee is also comfortable at filling in at left-back.