Leyton Orient sign French forward Ulrich N’Nomo on transfer deadline day
- Credit: Archant
Former Chateuroux striker has agreed a one-year deal and ‘can’t wait’ to play at Brisbane Road
Leyton Orient have announced the signing of 20-year-old French forward Ulrich N’Nomo on transfer deadline day.
The striker is the second O’s signing this week following hot on the heels of Teddy Mezague’s addition on Monday.
N’Nomo is the third French player to make the switch to Brisbane Road this summer and comes completely out of the blue.
The under-20 international has moved from Chateauroux and the switch is subject to international clearance.
You may also want to watch:
N’Nomo has agreed a one-year deal with the east Londoners with the option of a further year.
Although a forward, the French youth international is capable of playing on either wings as well.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
“I’m very happy to be joining the club. It has also been a dream of mine to come and play football in England and I cannot wait to get started,” N’Nomo told the official club website.
“The project of the club was what attracted me the most and I look forward to playing in front of the fans here.
“I feel my best attribute is my pace and I hope to contribute to a number of goals and assists in what I hope will be a successful season.”
N’Nomo is another striker meaning the east Londoners now having five on their books prior to the transfer window closing at 11pm tonight.
Jay Simpson is among those attacking options, but has been linked with a switch to Southend United.
It appears the Blues have been unable to come to an agreement with Orient over the transfer of the 27-year-old.
But the O’s are still listening to offers for Simpson, although time is running out for the ex-Arsenal trainee to complete a move away from Brisbane Road.