Leyton Orient snap up East Thurrock United defender Marvin Ekpiteta to join deadline day party
- Credit: Archant
The 22-year-old has agreed a contract until the summer of 2020, but has returned to Rocks on loan for the rest of the campaign
Leyton Orient have signed East Thurrock United defender Marvin Ekpiteta on a two-and-a-half year deal.
The versatile ace has, however, rejoined his old National League South club on loan for the rest of the season.
Ekpiteta has clearly caught the eye of O’s scouts while playing alongside Orient centre back Michael Clark, who is currently on loan at the Rocks.
He has made over a 100 appearances in the National League South and at a young age, so this move represents a look to the future from the Brisbane Road club.
You may also want to watch:
The 22-year-old began his career with Oxford United before spells at Chelmsford City and Concord Rangers.
Since joining John Coventry’s team, Ekpiteta has been an integral part of their success in the National League South.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Now the centre back has moved back to Rocks for the rest of the campaign, he will hope to continue developing before linking up with O’s in the summer.