Leyton Orient snap up left-back Josh Doherty
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
Hessenthaler adds another youngster to Brisbane Road ranks
Leyton Orient have signed youngster Josh Doherty after the left-back was released by Premier League outfit Watford.
It is the second transfer of the day for the Brisbane Road club after announcing the capture of Robbie Weir earlier following the expiration of his contract at Burton Albion.
Doherty, 20, has signed a one-year deal at the League Two team, with the option of a second year if the move is a success.
He caught the eye of Watford’s academy while playing for home-town club Ards and left school after completing his GCSEs to move to England.
You may also want to watch:
But Docherty made only one appearance in the Championship for Watford, having represented Northern Ireland at under-17 and under-19 level.
He has four under-21 caps for Northern Ireland and will hope to add to that if he can play regularly at Brisbane Road.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals