Leyton Orient snap up prolific non-league marksman Dan Holman on loan from Cheltenham Town
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Justin Edinburgh revealed last month he wanted to bring in another forward option and he has got his man
Leyton Orient have announced the loan signing of Cheltenham Town forward Dan Holman on a deal until the season.
Robins boss Gary Johnson accidently revealed the pending transfer on Monday after watching his team lose 4-1 at Stevenage and the move has now been fully completed.
The additional of Holman is a real statement of intent from the O’s with the forward boasting an excellent record in the National League.
He spent time on loan with Boreham Wood during the first-half of this campaign and scored four times in 14 appearances.
You may also want to watch:
Although he struggled to find the net for Cheltenham in League Two last season, he was prolific during their charge towards National League glory two years ago.
Holman joined the Robins in January 2016, initially on loan, and went on to smash 16 goals in 18 appearances in the division having impressed with Woking prior to that.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
The 27-year-old first made his name in the top-tier of non-league football with Braintree Town between 2012 and 2014 before earning a move to Colchester United.
Even though he failed to make the grade with the U’s, his reputation in the National League is extremely impressive and he’ll provide Justin Edinburgh with another option in attack.