Leyton Orient reveal squad numbers for the 2018/19 season
- Credit: Archant
Dean Brill takes number one while Josh Coulson will wear six and Craig Clay and James Dayton are handed eight and 11 respectively
Leyton Orient have revealed their squad numbers for the 2018/19 season and there has been quite a lot of movement.
As expected, Dean Brill will wear the number one shirt going forward after taking up the position in the team at the start of December once Justin Edinburgh took over.
Brill also signed a new deal in February to reiterate his strong position at the club while Sam Ling has moved up from 36 to the number two shirt.
Other changes to note from the first XI is the fact Josh Coulson, previously 18, has taken six for the upcoming season while Craig Clay (formerly 23) is the new number eight.
You may also want to watch:
James Dayton has also got 11 after wearing 27 during his debut campaign at Orient.
Charlie Grainger, who had the number one shirt in the 2017/18 season, is now 12 and as a result Sam Sargeant takes 24 for the new term.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 9 Mulberry tree campaigners to take council to High Court
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
Dan Happe has gone from 25 to 15 and James Brophy is 16 after wearing 26 during both his loan spell and first six months as a permanent O’s player.
New signing Dale Gorman will have the number 17 shirt, which director of football Martin Ling revealed when he was announced as an Orient player earlier this month.
Matt Harrold has taken the 18 shirt this season after he wore 24 last year and young forward Ruel Sotiriou has also been handed the number 20 shirt - maybe a signal of faith for him after he got 28 during the past campaign.
Charlie Lee, who remains as first-team captain for the time being, has requested the number 22 shirt – the same number he wore at Stevenage.
Right-back Jake Caprice, who has been transfer listed, has been given the number 26 shirt after he had two during the 2017/18 campaign.
But the likes of Christian Scales and Rommy Boco, also up for sale, have not received numbers after they both wore 30 and 11 respectively in the past season.
Leyton Orient squad number list:
1. Dean Brill
2. Sam Ling
3. Joe Widdowson
4. Alex Lawless
5. George Elokobi
6. Josh Coulson
7. Jobi McAnuff
8. Craig Clay
9. Macauley Bonne
10. David Mooney
11. James Dayton
12. Charlie Grainger
14. Myles Judd
15. Dan Happe
16. James Brophy
17. Dale Gorman
18. Matt Harrold
19. Josh Koroma
20. Ruel Sotiriou
21. Marvin Ekpiteta
22. Charlie Lee
24. Sam Sargeant
26. Jake Caprice