Leyton Orient striker Alabi joins Eastleigh on loan
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient striker James Alabi has joined National League outfit Eastleigh on loan until the end of the season.
The 25-year-old has struggled for game time this season at the O's and will now seek more regular playing minutes at Ben Strevens' side.
The former Tranmere Rovers and Chester forward has not featured for Orient since Saturday, November, 23 when they lost 4-2 to Forest Green Rovers.
Alabi has only made 14 appearances in total this campaign including Trophy and cup fixtures - finding the net once in their 4-0 victory over Grimsby Town.
Head coach Ross Embleton said: "I think it's a very good opportunity for James to go and play in a league that he knows well.
You may also want to watch:
"It's not been great for him this year in terms of the number of minutes he has got out on the pitch.
"It's important for James, given the stage of his career and being out of contract at the end of the season, that he goes out and gets himself minutes on the pitch.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
"He needs to be fully prepared, whether it be at Eastleigh or elsewhere at the end of the season to go and get himself another club and further his career beyond Leyton Orient."
His contract runs out at the end of the season and it is expected he will probably leave the club upon its expiration as he will spend almost up until that date at Eastleigh.