O’s striker Sotiriou joins Dover Athletic on loan
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient youngster Ruel Sotiriou has joined National League outfit Dover Athletic on a one-month loan deal.
The 19-year-old makes the switch in search of more regular first-team football to continue his development.
The striker has not featured yet this season for the O's but has played three matches for the Cyprus under-21's in their UEFA Euro under-21 qualification games.
Sotiriou was on target in his countries 5-1 defeat to Netherlands in those matches, he opened the scoring, but it only counted as a consolation goal.
He will now link up with former Leyton Orient manager Andy Hessenthaler as they look to end a bad run of form in the National League.
You may also want to watch:
The youngster impressed last season during his loan spells as he netted six goals in nine appearances for National League South side Hampton & Richmond Borough.
Sotiriou also spent some time at Chelmsford City last term as well as featuring in the London Senior Cup and FA Trophy for the O's.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week