Leyton Orient 1 Swindon Town 3 - O’s suffer defeat after poor first half
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
League Two: Leyton Orient 1 Swindon Town 3
Leyton Orient suffered a 3-1 defeat to in-form Swindon after a slow start.
Three first-half goals through Keshi Anderson, Rob Hunt, and Jerry Yates sealed the three points for Town despite a late goal from substitute Jordan Maguire-Drew at Brisbane Road.
The first chance of the match fell to the visitors as an corner in the second minute found Danny Rose in the box but his effort cannons against his own man.
First half-opportunity for the O's came in the 16th minute as Conor Wilkinson picked up the ball outside the box, dragging his effort wide.
You may also want to watch:
Swindon then broke the deadlock in the 22nd minute as Keshi Anderson slotted the ball into the bottom corner following his free-kick effort being blocked by the wall.
The hosts tried to get themselves back in the game as the ball fell to James Brophy at the edge of the box but his effort was weak.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
In the 31st minute goalkeeper Dean Brill was forced to pull off a huge save to deny Jerry Yates.
Two minutes later Anderson beat the offside trap, cut inside, and fired wide of the net.
Wilkinson then brought the ball down but fired wide in the 39th minute.
The visitors then doubled their lead three minutes later as Rob Hunt's cross took a big deflection and found its way into the net.
In added time Swindon made it 3-0 as Jerry Yates joined in on the action.
Early in the second-half Town continued to dominate as Lloyd Isgrove hit the crossbar.
The O's counter quickly and Josh Wright chips the ball into the path of Jordan Maguire-Drew but Rose makes a crucial defensive header.
Former Brighton youngster Maguire-Drew clawed one back for the O's in the 74th minute as he curled his effort into the top corner.
He then put a great ball in for Louis Dennis in the 84th minute but McCormick made the save.
Leyton Orient: Brill, Ling, Coulson, Ekpiteta, Happe (Maguire-Drew 46), Widdowson, Clay (Gorman 59), Wright, Brophy, Wilkinson, Angol (Dennis 65).