Leyton Orient swoop for former Crystal Palace defender Christian Scales
- Credit: Archant
O’s Director of Football Martin Ling brings in sixth addition of the summer
Leyton Orient have signed former Crystal Palace defender Christian Scales on a two-year deal.
The 20-year-old left-back is set to compete with Joe Widdowson for a spot in Steve Davis’ starting XI.
Scales started his career in the Norwich City academy before linking up with Crystal Palace in the summer of 2014.
The Hertfordshire youngster signed a professional deal with the Eagles in April 2015 and then made his Football League debut on loan at Crawley in August 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Scales played nine times for the Red Devils, but was released by Palace in the summer of 2016.
After going on trial at a couple of clubs, the defender turned out for Whitehawk next having joined them in February.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Scales played six times for the Hawks and was a team-mate of former Orient defender Elliot Omozusi during his time at Enclose Ground.
The defender will now get a chance at Brisbane Road and may make his O’s debut on Saturday at Harlow Town.