Leyton Orient take Cole on loan
- Credit: Empics Sports Photography Ltd.
Defender joins Brisbane Road ranks
Leyton Orient have announced the signing of QPR defender Cole Kpekawa on a one-month youth loan deal.
The 19-year-old is eligible to feature for Ian Hendon’s side against York City in League Two on Saturday and will wear the number 20 shirt during his stay at Brisbane Road.
Kpekawa came up through the academy at Loftus Road and had loan spells with Colchester and Portsmouth last season, making a combined total of six appearances.
The teenager, who can play at centre-back or on the left of defence, is an England under-20 international and made his debut in a 5-0 win over the Czech Republic in September.
You may also want to watch:
Orient have taken just five points from their last six matches, following last Sunday’s 3-1 defeat at Hartlepool United.
They remain in the play-off places on goal difference and after hosting York make the long trip to Plymouth on Tuesday.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse