Leyton Orient to discover National League fixtures on Wednesday
- Credit: Archant
Schedule for campaign set to be released at 1pm on Wednesday
Leyton Orient will discover who they will face first up in the National League this season when the fixtures are announced on Wednesday at 1pm.
The O’s will start the season on the weekend of August 5, with the regular season due to end on April 28 next year ahead of the play-offs.
All involved with the club will want the east Londoners to start the new term at home so they can fully get behind the team, and new chairman Nigel Travis is no different.
“There’s a lot of interest in us playing at home first, so hopefully that will get covered on TV,” said the 66-year-old.
You may also want to watch:
“I think it would be nice if it’s someone local, relatively local, but not Dagenham & Redbridge!
“This league is not going to be easy, it’s going to be tough.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
“(Director of football) Martin Ling understands it and we (the board) understand it, and because we’re so far behind, everyone needs to understand we may have a rough start to the season, but we’re going to work as we have done for weeks to go in the right direction.”