Leyton Orient to play Italy under-19s in pre-season friendly
- Credit: Archant
Andy Hessenthaler’s men will help the young Azzurri prepare for the under-19 European Championships taking place next month
Leyton Orient have announced they will play the Italy under-19 team in a pre-season friendly on July 7.
Andy Hessenthaler’s side fly out to Roccaporena, Umbria on Sunday for a week long training camp ahead of the League Two campaign.
It has now been confirmed the O’s will play their first match of the summer against the Azzurri youth – kicking off at 2.30pm.
For the Italians, it is preparation ahead of the under-19 European Championships which start on July 11.
You may also want to watch:
England are involved in the tournament alongside the Azzurri, which is being hosted in Germany and has eight countries battling it out.
Orient will provide the next generation of Italy stars the chance to get ready for the big event.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
The under-19s are managed by Paolo Vanoli who had a spell with Scottish Premiership side Rangers during the 2003/04 season.
The O’s clash at Wealdstone on July 12 was initially their first official pre-season fixture of the summer.
But this encounter with the Italy under-19 team next Thursday will now be the first and see Hessenthaler manage the east Londoners for the first time since being appointed manager at the start of the month.