Leyton Orient Trust recruiting for 2017/18 academic year with Open Day at Score Sports Centre coming up next month
- Credit: Archant
O’s winger Sandro Semedo is an inspiration for trust students having started out on the course before being scouted by Danny Webb
Do you want to have the chance to play, coach and study at Leyton Orient Football Club or are you looking for a career in the professional football and sports industry?
The Leyton Orient Trust is current recruiting for its highly successful ‘Sports and Education’ courses based at the Score Sports Centre and Brisbane Road for the 2017/18 academic year and season.
Male and female students aged 16-18 will study a full time BTEC Sport academic qualification at Level One, Two or Three and combine this with team training and matches where they will represent Leyton Orient Trust in 11-a-side fixtures.
They will be offered a range of additional vocational coaching qualifications such as the FA Level One Coaching Award, Sports Leaders Level Two Award in Community Sports Leadership and extensive work experience and volunteering placements within the sports industry.
You may also want to watch:
If this sounds of interest, you can attend the Leyton Orient Trust Open Day on March 18, which starts at 10am and finishes at 2pm.
After the tour, students are offered two match tickets to see Orient take on League Two leaders Doncaster Rovers that day.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
O’s current first-team player Sandro Semedo started out in the performance squad before earning a professional contract with the Brisbane Road club.
Semedo, just 20, netted the winner for Orient at Plymouth Argyle on February 14 and continues to be a role model the next generation.
“It’s inspirational for our students to see Sandro, a former trust student, now playing in the pro team,” said Sofia Bouceddour, Leyton Orient Trust Business Development Executive.
“Danny Webb scouted Sandro when he was a trust student and he has helped improve his confidence.
“Sandro is now keen to repay the new Leyton Orient manager between now and the end of the season.”
If you are interested in applying for this exciting and unique vocational programme send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8556 5973 or send a letter to SCORE, 100 Oliver Road, E10 5JY.