Leyton Orient XI to face Billericay Town and Canvey Island during pre-season
- Credit: Archant
East Londoners will send team featuring third-year scholars and academy players to the two Ryman Premier clubs
Leyton Orient will send an XI to Ryman Premier team’s Billericay Town and Canvey Island in July.
The two Essex non-league sides revealed last week they would be facing the east Londoners during the summer.
And the League Two club have now confirmed an O’s XI will take on Billericay at the New Lodge on Saturday July 16 for a 3pm kick-off.
Three days later another Orient XI, likely to contain third-year scholars and academy players, will face Canvey at the Frost Financial Stadium where ex-midfielder Joe Keith is assistant.
You may also want to watch:
O’s first team, still without a manager, will be playing National League outfit Woking on July 19 – the same day their XI play the Gulls.
The Brisbane Road outfit have also confirmed two academy matches taking place throughout the summer.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
Orient’s youngsters will host Millwall on July 30, although the time of kick-off and venue is yet to be confirmed.
They’ll travel to Brighton & Hove Albion on August 3 to face the Seagulls academy side for a 1pm kick-off at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre.
After earning success last season, the O’s youngsters will relish the prospect of testing themselves against Millwall and Brighton before their league campaign starts.